2022 Winter Warmer Pack Campaign
Soon, we will be seeing temperatures drop as we head towards autumn and winter, and with that comes Hand on Hearts’ flagship Homeless project.
As we approach the dark evenings and an unprecedented harsh winter up ahead, thousands of individuals and families in the UK will experience some form of homelessness. The cost of living crisis is affecting thousands of people all around the UK and many turning to outreach drives and food banks for support as they struggle to make basic ends meet. With rent and cost of living rises, these are just some of the reasons why people face homelessness and the harsh reality of sleeping on the streets, sofa surfing or desperately trying to find shelter in sheds and garages.
Each year at this time, Hand on Heart support hundreds of people facing homelessness with our Winter Warmer Pack Campaign.
The project will serve winter essential items to rough sleepers during these cold dark months.
About the Packs
In total, a record-breaking 2000 Winter Warmer Packs will be assembled and distributed to vulnerable groups from November to December.
The project will be supported by Hand on Hearts’ dedicated and trusted volunteers. In addition to Set up and Distribution teams, a staggering 60 families, 4 schools, 1 scouts club and 1 care home will be recruited (see Get Involved page) to help assemble the 2000 rucksacks.
Each pack will be filled with essential winter items such as
- thermals (top and bottom)
- thermal socks (3 pairs)
- underwear (3 pairs)
- winter gloves
- woolly hats
- wet wipes
- first aid plasters
- shower gels
- hand sanitiser
The guest will receive all the items in a quality rucksack.
In addition, sleeping bags, hot water bottles w/covers, blankets and bottled water will be handed out at Outreach Drives.
When, Where and with Who?
Hand on Heart will be partnering with Beta Charitable Trust and working alongside 30 partner charities. The distribution will reach out as far as Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Northampton, Leicester, Luton, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Slough and Southend as well as London and local areas.
- The Little Things (Shoreditch)
- Guru Seva (Charing Cross)
- Myriad Foundation (Manchester)
- Ealing Soup Kitchen (Ealing)
- Children of Adam (Holborn)
- Who is Husain (Birmingham)
- Open Kitchen (Hounslow)
- Nishkam SWAT (Slough)
- Nishkam SWAT (Kings Cross)
- Nishkam SWAT (Camden)
- Midland Langar Seva (Leicester)
- Who is Hussain (Leicester)
- Nishkam SWAT (Charing Cross)
- Coptic City Mission (Charing Cross)
- Sussex Homeless Support (Brighton)
- Liberty House (Luton)
- Pimes (Oxford Street)
- Who is Hussain (Acton & Ealing)
- Acton Homeless Concern, Acton
- Bristol & South Gloucestershire – Afghan evacuees, asylum seekers and refugees
- Caridon, Brent, Crawley and Croydon
- Coffee4Craig, Manchester
- Harp, Southend
- Harrow Food Bank, Harrow
- Harvest Soup Kitchen, Wembley
- Hemel Hempstead
- Hope Centre, Northampton
- New Hope, Watford
- Noah Enterprise, Luton
- Open Doors, St Albans
- Winter Comfort, Cambridge
- Winter Night Shelter, Milton Keynes
If there are any surplus donations for this campaign, we reserve the right to use your donations in future campaigns of the HoH Charitable Trust.